CHP maintains a team of exceptional individuals who contribute a powerful combination of industry acumen and clinical assessment skills, an open heart and soul dedicated to great member outcomes, an ability to continually “see” the member, and engage with them always in an approachable, compassionate manner. We continually seek candidates who bring forth knowledge with an abundance of kindness and empathy.
Successful team members demonstrate a softer “bedside manner” as they allay the fear, guilt, and uncertainty that many individuals experience in the face of major medical issues and challenges. Every individual on our team considers the member as a human being and not a case number or chart. They value and accept every member for who they are – from their economic values to their belief and value systems, to their medical desires and choices. To us, true healthcare is about listening to what lives inside our patient’s hearts and helping them step forward on their path to wellbeing with confidence.
Conductor| Interceder | Advocator
Join the frontline of our service team and use your nurse practitioner experience in a way that has profound impact to the member – the individual searching for an attainable path to their health and well being. Our nurse practitioners are the glue that keeps the team operating efficiently and always in the member’s best interest. You emulate and reflect our goal to reshape the healthcare experience in all of your actions and interactions with members, and reinforce these ideals across all member touch points. You are an advocate, an educator, and a compassionate voice of support and encouragement. You become a conduit to the member’s success – continually aligning and balancing plans with the individual’s economic means, wellness goals, and life choices. You lead the CHP team to engage each member in a manner to bring a stronger alignment of medical practice with the member’s lifestyle reality. You have an innate ability to accept the member without judgment or condition. You provide an abundance of personal, compassionate support as you apply a compendium of experience from your heart and honor the member’s aspirations through every action and choice.
- Engage directly and foster trusting relationships with members. Instill confidence as you set the course for each high-risk member considering his or her personal goals and economic capacity, wellness goals, and lifestyle practicalities. Help the member integrate medical advice and treatment options and opportunities into their daily lives.
- Build and develop strong, productive working teams and instill a sense of value, respect, and trust across all CHP resources. Coach and troubleshoot as needed to the best interests of the member. Support a highly trusted environment where sharing information and ideas is encouraged, acknowledged, and rewarded.
- Reinforce the importance of transparency and authenticity in communication, exceptional quality of care, and compassionate interaction between CHP and its members. Develop and maintain cohesive communication patterns with respect to progress, recommendations, and/or potential issues that surface as treatment plans unfold.
- Communicate in a way that is understandable and engaging to the layperson. Comfort and encourage as you minimize the fear factor that is often prevalent in healthcare.
- Maintain a level of curiosity and use active listening skills to help uncover potential unanswered questions and/or emerging physical or psychosocial issues. Be creative in helping the member discover ways to reach closer to their goals.
- Demonstrate empathy and compassion in all actions and reactions with the member. Be available and responsive. Follow-up on any questions or issues in a timely, thorough manner – even when the needs extend beyond “normal” business hours.
- Exhibit a willingness to grow and expand into other areas and pitch in as an active, supportive member of the CHP team whenever asked.
- Recognize and honor your role in the team care process. You are a front line point of contact, and a mentor and example and as such, aspire to represent CHP’s values, mission, and service promises in every action.
All nurse practitioners are licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse with a specific license to practice as an Advanced Practice Nurse in the state of Arizona under the provisions of the Arizona State Board of Nurse Examiners and accredited by an approved certifying body for Advanced Practice for Nursing (American Academy of Nurse Practitioners or American Nurse Credentialing Center).
Our successful nurse practitioners have proven primary care experience. A minimum of 2 years experience in high-risk and chronic illness case management is required. Qualified candidates possess team leadership or management experience or demonstrate qualities that CHP can quickly develop.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
The nurse practitioner demonstrates advanced assessment and strong interpersonal skills. You serve the CHP team as a manager, mentor, coach, and confidante – to the CHP team and member participants. You come to the overall management team as an open, flexible, and non-judgmental voice, and always keep the member’s goals and needs at the forefront. The NP position requires an understanding of EMR solutions, adherence to HIPPA regulations and compliances, and practice within the federal, state, and accredited Nursing standards for Registered Nurses. Execution of daily tasks and reporting requires skill with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Maintain a “constant upkeep” mentality and philosophy and actively continue to learn and expand your knowledge of medical techniques, treatments, and practices. CHP’s medical support team is passionate about continuing education and chooses to challenge themselves to learn and grow – not only for their own benefit, but also for that of the members they serve.
Current Licensed Advance Practice Nurse in the state of Arizona under the provisions of the Arizona State Board of Nurse Examiners and valid Arizona driver’s license.
Tucson (Pima County), Arizona
About Catalytic Health Partners
At Catalytic Health Partners (CHP), we are passionate about reshaping healthcare. CHP is a population health management organization with an unwavering focus on accountability and great member outcomes. We believe all members should determine their healthcare goals. Our role is to help them achieve those goals. Educating each member about their health, health issues, and treatment options – at their level of understanding – is core to our work. Our member care model brings three powerful elements together: people, technology, and data. We combine caring, personalized, in-home member engagement with convenient digital connectivity and advanced, highly current analytics. CHP turns data into information, information into insight, and insight into timely, exceptional and compassionate member care.